The wait is over...CircuitHub now supports KiCad! Here's a step by step guide on how to set up KiCad for use with CircuitHub:
- Click the "save to my library" button above the upper right hand corner of a component.
- You will receive a notification that the files are syncing to your computer via Dropbox.
- CircuitHub will have created a library file and a MOD file in your "Dropbox>Apps>CircuitHub>parts>KiCad " folder.
- You can add this folder to the library path within the KiCad schematic editor by navigating to "preferences>library" and adding the CircuitHub parts to your user defined search path.
- Use the library browser to view all of your symbols.
- Similarly in the PCB Editor, go to "preferences>library", add the CircuitHub library path to your footprint library files, and then use the library browser to see your footprints.
KiCad support is currently in beta so please check it out and let us know if there is anything we can do to make its support better!